Gifts That Make
An Impact Now
You can stand with HRC and have an immediate impact on the LGBTQ movement.
Recommend a Grant Now from Your Donor-Advised Fund
Charitable Gift from Your IRA
You can make a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your IRA and make an immediate impact. Here’s how it works:
- You must be 70 ½ or older.
- An individual may transfer up to a total of $100,000 per year and a married couple may give up to $200,000.
- Your gift must be transferred directly from your IRA account to the HRC Foundation.
- Your gift is a transfer of funds from your IRA to the HRC Foundation, so while you do not receive a charitable deduction, it does not create taxable income for you.
- If you are 72 and older, the transfer of funds counts towards your annual Required Minimum Distribution* from your IRA.
If you’re interested in this popular way to support HRC, download a sample letter for your IRA administrator here.
* Congress has waived the annual Required Minimum Distribution from IRA Accounts in the year 2020 as part of the CARES Act in response to COVID-19. Please consider seeking advice from your financial advisor or tax professional to understand how recent changes to laws governing retirement plans may impact you and your charitable gift.
Memorial or Tribute Gift
Honoring a person’s memory is a wonderful way to celebrate their life. You can preserve their legacy by having their name promote equality and the work of the Human Rights Campaign. Upon making a memorial donation, a representative will be notified of the contribution you made in their loved one’s name. Learn more here.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities
You can use stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value to ensure equal rights for all people through the HRC Foundation. You may receive a charitable income tax deduction for the full market value of the stock (up to a maximum of 30% of your adjusted gross income) and avoid paying the capital gains tax on any increase in the value of the stock.
A donation of cash is the most direct way to support HRC. You can make your gift online with our online donation form.
Donate your car, motorcycle, RV, boat or other vehicle and support the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. Learn more here.
Complimentary planning resources are just a click away!
Your Giving Toolkit
Need assistance? I'm here to help!
1640 Rhode Island Ave., N.W., Washington, D.C. 20036-3212
The content found on this site is general in nature and intended to be used for informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon as legal, tax, accounting or other professional advice. To determine how a gift or estate planning decision might affect your particular circumstances, it is expressly recommended that you consult an attorney, financial advisor or other qualified professional.